Sunday, July 29, 2007

Two Dangerous Words--On SALE!




So there I was Friday, minding my own business in Michael's with a "40% off one regular priced item" coupon burning a hole in my purse (and a gorgeous crocheted purse it is too) meaning to buy 1, only one!, pair of knitting needles (size 10 1/2 which I don't have), when I spotted a book entitled Hip to Crochet. Knowing that I am not hip, I thought it was safe to flip through it. Nope. I ended up buying it because of one picture of a sweater that took me back to my hippie-wannabe days. I gave myself a stern talking to on the way home. No more yarn or books--at least this weekend.

Then I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday on the way home from Mom's--just to see my writing friend, Jenny, you understand. But B&N has a bargain section and there was this book, Blue Ribbon Crochet, that I casually flipped through. The first pattern that caught my eyes was this Underwater Adventures afghan. It's meant to be for kids, but I have lots of u/w adventures and I like bright colors and the book was only $5.98, so I bought it. Then I found the pattern for the Afghan stitch palm tree afghan. I have palm tree dishes and they sort of match, so I salved my conscience with that thought.

Besides, both of the books together didn't cost as much as a carton of cigarettes would.

I'm going to the grocery today. I hope there's no yarn craft stuff there. My resistance is low.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I don't blame you a bit for buying new books--and it's definitely a better way to spend your money than buying cigarettes.

I especially like the palm tree afghan. The sweater is very groovy, too!

Love,
Ann

Abby&David said...

That Palm Tree afghan looks like it was designed to go with your dishes.

It looks like you won't run out of projects anytime soon.

Love,
David