Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Coolest Afghan!



I signed up for the Dishcloth KAL and was emailed every post to the site until I figured out how to select the one that will only email me when the rows are sent. Anyway, I opened the post emails just to see what people are talking about. One woman, Cathy B, had her blog address after her name. I clicked on it and look what I found--the coolest fish-shaped block afghan! They call it a Fish-Along! You have to join Bitsandbobs, another Yahoo group, to get the pattern but that's not a big deal. I am in love with this afghan. I have a vision of making it in all sorts of yarn scraps, like a coral reef crazy quilt. I swore it would be a long time before I tackled a block-style afghan again, but I think I'll make an exception in this case. I'm in love!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I've been toying with the idea of joining that one so I can get this pattern, too! Isn't it cool?

Barbara said...

Oh, I joined immediately! I couldn't resist it. And then I printed off the pattern so I could study it, with help from Cool Girls and Patti (tomorrow), to see if I was up to it. But I printed off the crochet instructions too in case my knitting's not up to it.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that looks wonderful! I'm heading over to join!