Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fish #1!


I got some help today with the stitches I wasn't sure of and look--a fish! I thought it would be longer (it's about 6 inches), but my stitches were pretty tight with the way I was strangling the needles trying to make it right. I think I'll try again on bigger needles. It'd take me forever to make an afghan with minnows like this! But isn't it the cutest?


I finished my first knitted washcloth this afternoon too. I'm so proud of me! It's kind of cockeyed but I'm sure it'll straighten out in the shower. Besides, it's just a washcloth. If I ever get brave enough to knit a sweater, I promise I'll block it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your fishie :)

Good job on the washcloth and it will straighten itself out with a shower.

Ann said...

How cute! I need to get going on a fish. Yours is adorable.

And congrats on finishing your washcloth! (My first one was pointy like that, too. They got progressively less pointy as I made more.)