Sunday, July 22, 2007

New fishies!


I knitted nine fish this week, my most productive yet, so I'm up to eleven total. And I managed to knit a boucle one. Yay, me! It was a pain and you can barely see the fin, but I stuck to the pattern and knit to the end. I was also working to the end of the mid-month dishcloth KAL. The pattern is pretty but I found it difficult to get into a rhythm, so I had to constantly count stitches and refer to the printed instructions. I'm looking forward to the beginning of the month one which makes a picture as you knit. Much more my maturity level. I still love knitting fish most of all. One day in the future I might even have enough to make an afghan!

Not smoking was very hard yesterday. I got the new Harry Potter book and read it straight through. I never realized how much I smoked when I read. But I resisted and didn't smoke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for you for resisting! For some reason, I've been finding myself missing the smokes lately. It's been over 8 weeks and I haven't missed them until the last few days. I'm being strong though.

Ann said...

I seriously thought I left a note on this entry. I'm lame.

Anyway, your fish are wonderful, and could totally kick my fishes' butts.

And congrats on not smoking! You're doing great, Mom. Hang in there!

Love,
Ann

Abby&David said...

Those are some nice fish. The finished afghan kind of reminds me of the circular anchovy tank in the ceiling of the Monterey Aquarium. By the way, I added more photos to our blog last night.

Abby and I are very proud of you for not smoking.

Love,
David