Monday, February 18, 2013

Oh, I LIke These

sorry for the bad lighting
I took the yarn, needles, and pattern to make the second of my onesie skeins into Red Hot Fingerless mitts to Friday Night Knitting and got started.  I went back and forth on Ravelry trying to figure out how I managed to match a DK weight yarn with a pattern that called for worsted weight yarn but I plunged in anyway.  The pattern's a breeze and well-written.  I finished the cuff and knitted into the body of the mitt before bedtime Friday night.  On Saturday afternoon I plugged my iPod into my ear and kept going.  By suppertime mitt #1 was done.


After supper I cast on mitt #2 and made it up to binding off the thumb in preparation to knitting the top ribbing by bedtime.  This is one quick knitting pattern.





It didn't take long yesterday to knit the 2" of ribbing and bind off.  Voila! a pair of mitts.  I followed the pattern for the middle size (Women) exactly in stitch count and needle size and they fit perfectly.  I think they look a bit odd lying there empty, but they're comfortable and warm on my hands.  I'll be knitting these again.  I like a simple pattern that lets my addiction for variegated yarn carry the day.

No comments: