Friday, February 15, 2013

Finished!

I meant to spend yesterday binding off my Psychedelic Shawlette so I could show it off at knitting guild last night but... I didn't, I goofed off instead, so I took it with me.  Lo and behold, TS sat next to me and when I complained about how many stitches I had to bind off and what a royal pain it was she taught me how to bind off with a crochet hook.  Much faster!  MUCH!  Thanks, TS, you're a lifesaver.  I finished it after I got home last night and love it.  Love. It.  I highly recommend this little pattern.  It's free on Ravelry, easy to knit, and (if you read the ruffle pattern correctly) no part of it is a pain.





At the knitting guild meeting last night PH taught us how to put crocheted edgings on our knitting.  She taught us how to do the Crab Stitch or reverse single crochet.  It's awkward at first but it makes a nice edge.  Thanks, PH.





At show & tell time I shared my adventures in writing and charting a pattern.  No one explained to me how a left-facing fish on the chart turned into a right-facing fish in the yarn.  But then the roads were deteriorating so we were all scampering to go.  I don't think I'll be making up any more patterns.

No comments: