Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Writing Time Is Overtaking Knitting Time



It's November. Once again I am committed to writing a 50k word novel first draft in 30 days. I know, it's nuts, but this is my fourth time doing it and I think I've finally got the hang of it. I can just write and my innerHitler stays fairly quiet. I can just write and I don't care if what I'm writing today links up in any way with what I wrote yesterday. I can just write which is something I haven't been able to do easily for the last year. This is good. I feel great.



I didn't get very far with Andy's earflap hat before I realized that it looked way too small for an adult. I tried it on and it perched on my head like a tiny clown hat. Not good. So I frogged it, untangled the two skeins I was holding together, and decided to make a Thorpe. It doesn't look very hat-like yet but I'm only 10 rows into it. It'll look better, more hat-ish soon.

3 comments:

Aunt B said...

You are definitely the busy girl! It's got to be fun to be writing your 50K novel. When I first read your blog, I thought you just had to write 50 words a day and thought, she can do that standing on her head!! But 50K -- that's a lot! I wish you'd start another blog with just your daily 50K words. But now I'm being greedy! Thanks for keeping on keeping on. Aunt B

Dusty said...

I can't find the link to Seaview.

Dusty said...

The story you read to us last night at FNKC was wonderful. I look forward to the next installment.