Sunday, November 8, 2009

Indian Summer

As crummy, chilly and dreary as it was early last week, that's how fabulous it has been this weekend. The leaf collection squad came by yesterday and two neighbor couples decided to go on their last motorcycle ride of the season. I couldn't resist taking their picture riding off between the piles of leaves waiting for the picker-uppers, which is lead by a truck towing what is essentially a baler that picks up the leaves, bales them, and drops them off the back to be forklifted up into dump trucks for transport to the yard waste disposal place. It always looks to me as if the big truck leading the parade is pooping.








I sat on the front porch in the sun with my Alphasmart and wrote until my bum got cold from sitting on the cement. No one was home to take my picture so I did my best.







Last night I had to start a new project. I'm really all about thick yarn and big needles. I worked on Stealth Project #3 but it didn't satisfy so I dug out some chunky red Cascade Tweed 128, wound the hanks into cakes, and cast on, on size US15s, for an earflap hat for my baby brother. (The pattern is from the Fall 2007 Knit Simple)

No comments: