Friday, August 1, 2008

Yarn Slut


Retail America had a 90% off coupon in today's paper. We went. Now my "mad money" pocket is nearly empty.

Last year when I learned (relearned) to knit I knew one of the things I wanted to knit was a hoodie for me. I found a free Lion Brand pattern for a Thick & Quick sweater with a collar and one for a hoodie with no sleeves. (Why would you knit a thick and warm sweater with a
hood but no sleeves? Can someone tell me that?) I needed 13-15 skeins of yarn to knit my size and just couldn't justify the cost. But Retail America had a whole big shelf full of Lion Brand Thick & Quick in red and black variegated. I bought 15 skeins of that and 6 skeins of brown/rust/cranberry to make a sweater for Durwood (He deserves it; he's a very patient man.).

We roamed up and down the aisles just in case we had missed a treasure. Well, if we did we rectified the oversight. There was a pile of Great Grape BIG yarn and one skein each of Amazon and Grand Canyon BIG print. I figure that it'll make awesome wacky hats for next winter.

I have no self-control when it comes to yarn, even all-acrylic yarn. I'm so ashamed.

No comments: