Monday, August 4, 2008

One Bag Down

I just want to say that I really did a number on my lower back last week and spent the weekend either in pain or in a Tylenol w/codeine fog. I don't recommend either. But I went to the chiro this morning, will go again on Wednesday, and probably will again on Friday, so things should look up soon. I'm not a good patient.

We had dinner guests Saturday so my weekend knitting time was consumed with cleaning and cooking. All went well, the turkey on the spit was delicious (yes it was, Durwood) and the tomato/fresh mozz/basil salads were lively and the first sweet corn of the season was to die for. Holly brought her frozen key lime pie for dessert. All I can say is, YUMMMMM. I almost forgot, we made planter's punch cocktails with watermelon, banana, maraschino cherries, OJ, ice and dark rum in the blender. Very popular and refreshing.

I did knit/crochet a bit. I finished the first Hula Market Bag and got more than halfway through another Sudoku square. I gave my SIL the first market bag I made (last year) on Saturday when I saw her at the Farmer's Market and she emailed me later Sat. morning to say someone asked her where she could buy one! That's a nice compliment.

1 comment:

rochard said...

Poor you! Bad backs are the worst. I wish I'd been over for that dinner, though. I sent you mail. Hope you got it. SR