Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to Knitting Posts

Sorry to interrupt the flow of yarn-ish blogging yesterday but some things just really needed to be posted. Do not adjust your set. We now return to our regularly scheduled knit-blogging.




After supper last night I cast on Bib #3; today the I-cord ties will appear, not exactly magically, but it seems like a bit of a magic trick to make them.





I'm working to translate the Meathead Hat pattern from knitted flat to knit in the round. (I do love my DPNs!) So naturally I made the supreme sacrifice and bought some of this yarn in 2 shades of Bulky red to make myself a hat. It's purely experimental. I'm sure you understand.





One of the brooches I bought for $.99 at Goodwill yesterday found a home immedi
ately. Remember the BIG Amazon Hat that I embellished with the giant floppy pompon? Well, I thought it still needed something. Turned out what it needed was a blue rhinestone brooch. Now it's done.


Durwood commented as he posed for me, "See? I am good for something when I'm home all the time." Yes, dear.


P.S. I forgot! I've done a bit more stealth knitting. See?

2 comments:

rochard said...

Happy Birthday, Barbara, and Mama Barbara! My birthday is this week, also. I want that dessert.

I really think that hat needs some tinsel.

Sally

Ann said...

Very subtle note, Mom! I'll try to be better about leaving comments.

The hat is fabulous. And Dad looks lovely in it.

I just got back from seeing Kirsten's new baby--I can't wait until he's big enough for the bibs I made him! These might have to become my standard baby gift from now on.