I'm speaking to knitting designers. It took me two full days of knitting, frogging, cussing, and a little thinking to make this 5" by 6" dishcloth. It's got a fish on it but you can barely tell what it is. I don't think I'll be designing something again, but I'm glad I did it. VJ challenged us to chart a design and then knit is at the January Knitting Guild meeting. Since I rarely ignore a challenge I plunged in. First I was just knitting an outline (top photo) but that didn't work, so I ripped out to the green and started over making a solid fish. That sort of worked, but not really. We need dishcloths anyway since our supply is wearing out so it'll have a nice home at the sink but, nope, not gonna design anything again. Evidently I don't have a conceptual brain.
Aside from the design challenge, I seem to be fixated on knitting or crocheting dishcloths lately. I guess because they're relatively quick and easy and you get a payoff with a small effort. This one's supposed to have a pseudo-cable on it but it looks pretty darned flat to me. Oh well, I've got a bag of leftover cotton so I'm knitting it up and this one calls for holding 2 together so it'll go faster. Besides, HZ asked me for some dishcloths so she'll have some to pick from on Feb. 9 at the next family supper.
DD, I don't know why I'm avoiding a second go at a crocheted net scrubbie but I swear (cross my heart) I'll pick it up today. Promise.