Monday, January 7, 2013

I Am So Over This Scarf




I weaved in the last of the yarn tails of the Maple Tree Scarf today.  I don't think I have ever been this glad to be done with a knit.  Knitting this scarf was a lot like digging the Panama Canal with a spoon--it went on forever.  Not that I didn't have fun planning the colors and counting the garter ridges and figuring out how to note things that I thought needed noting, I did all those things.  It's just that now I have 150 inches of scarf and I'm not real sure what to do with it.  Can I figure out a way to wear it that doesn't endanger my neck a la Isadora Duncan? We shall see.










I commented to DD when they were here that HZ asked me to make her a few new dishcloths so I was in the market for a pattern.  DD said that she is fond of a Tunisian short-row crocheted cloth and offered to show me how to make one.  I figured I could work it out for myself and it turns out I was right.  I dug out the yarn and an afghan hook, printed off the pattern, and set to work.  It's quick and easy and I really like the way it looks.

No comments: