Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snow Day!

Snowstorm Francesca came with a vengance and is staying around blowing like mad. You know how March is supposed to come in like a lion? Well, it didn't but it sure is roaring today. We've had about 8" of wet heavy snow (I got stuck in the street 3 times just trying to get back into the driveway after snowblowing) and now the wind is blowing it around. Right now I can't see across the street. Really. So I'm taking a snow day. I figure if I went to work I probably wouldn't be able to get into the parking lot anyway through the snowplow drift across it, and there's ice under the snow so it's too dangerous to drive. I'm staying put. Here are a few photos of the craziness that is Green Bay's weather today:











Look at the Slinkys that keep the squirrels off the bird feeders! They're packed with snow.












People live here on purpose.


Last week one of the daily free knitting pattern was to make a pair of lips out of dishcloth cotton and it just tickled me, so I'm making one.












And I went back to one of the purse stitch scarves last weekend and
made a bit of progress while Lala and I talked one evening.

No comments: