Sunday, June 13, 2010

Confession

Remember in the previous post I said I was at the yarn store on Tuesday "looking" at some cotton and elastic sock yarn for ankle socks? Well, "looking" might be a euphemism for buying. Almost certainly is, actually. I even had my DIL along as a monitor so that I didn't fall down with my credit card in my hand and walk out with a bale of yarn. Besides, I had to keep enough money in my wallet so I could take the girl out to lunch. It was the day after her birthday after all, plus a girl's got to eat. Right?


Okay. In the interest of full disclosure, here's pictures of what I bought and my lameass reas
ons why.



I got one each of each of the colors of Cascade Fixation that Shana had in stock. She
didn't have much selection left and I can make a pair (two socks, a whole PAIR, people, ) of ankle socks out of each tiny ball. Plus they were 20% off.






I almost made it out with just the 5 skeins of Fixation but then Shana showed me the Happy Feet DK and I was sunk. There were only 2 colors that I liked (whew) and they too were 20% off. What's not to love?





Here's the progress I've made on the first Coral Ankle Sock. Two more inches and I'm at the toe. Woohoo! Maybe I'll even get to the toe at the WWKIP event today. These go fast.

No comments: