Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Prunes

(It's what's for breakfast with my Special K; I couldn't think of a snappy title. Sorry.) Yesterday we got the decorative snow (2" and powdery, thanks) that I ordered so now the world looks nice and shiny in the sunshine. Sunshine! That's what's different today, the sun is shining. No wonder I feel so chipper.

I wasn't able to replicate last week's feat of completing the Advanced Obstacle Course on Wii Fit Plus today, but it wasn't for lack of trying. How can what is essentially an interactive video game be so engrossing? Especially for a woman who has never really liked to sweat?
I don't know, but I can't stop. It's a good thing.




I've been working on my new version of the Brangelina Glove and learned a lesson yesterday, two actually. One is that you have to
knit more rows if you use a smaller needle, and Two is that a paper clip makes a terrible yarn needle when you need to thread yarn through your stitches to finish a finger at work and you've left yours at home. Live and learn, live and learn.






I'm just starting to turn the second corner on the Ribwarmer. I just love this yarn and the way it's knitting up. The colors are warm and rich and I really can't wait to finish this piece so I can sew it together and it can start warming someone special. And, Zoe, this time I turned the first corner the right w
ay so we won't have to unknit and reknit that little collar tab at the top. Whew. I think EZ might really be a genius. (For you non-knitters out there, that's Elizabeth Zimmerman who really made knitting popular in the mid-60s and beyond, and who developed a lot of simple but wonderful patterns that people still knit constantly. I'm especially intrigued by the ones that are a bit like origami; you knit a shape that doesn't really look like anything, then you sew it together in places and, voila!, you have a sweater. And she lived in Wisconsin!! Genius.)

No comments: