Sunday, April 12, 2009

True Progress

And, I confess, one new thing. Well, not really new. I did cast it on, knit 12 rows, frog it, recast on, and knit 6 rows before I went to bed Friday night. But it turns out there's a teensy little error in the pattern so I'm paying attention so it turns out right. It's the Swifty from MDK's second book. It tells you to start with a purl row, then a knit row, but that makes the purl bumps on the right side at the beginning and then twice again when you go back to the beginning for the second and third time. If you just knit first then purl, all is well. But I'm not going back and starting again. This one will be the practice one, the learning one. Besides it just for scrubbing floors, how perfect does it need to be? Sheesh.






I told you yesterday that I was working on the Candy Cane sock and Thuja, but I wanted to give actual photographic proof of that work. See? I didn't lie, not even a fib, it's the truth. Ta-da! Socking.

No comments: