Sunday, April 20, 2008

So, What Am I Working On Now?



I haven't been lolling on the couch like a slug or doodling around on the internet, no siree. I've been knitting and here's proof.


From oldest project to newest: I knit a few rounds on Accidental Sock #1 at work last week and while waiting for a friend to arrive at a cafe. I am eternally enchanted by the magic of self-striping/self-patterning yarn. I wonder how someone figures out where and how long to make the colors to make stripes and speckles.



Then I cast on the second sleeve of the Red Licorice sweater/swing jacket. I do love that variegated yarn; it's got all my favorite colors: red, yellow, orange, and brown. And it's going faster too. Maybe I'm getting better at this knitting stuff.



Finally I couldn't wait any longer to cast on and knit another Unbiased Bag (I'm calling it the Silk Road Bag) with some of the 10 skeins of Free Trade silk yarn I got off eBay for next to nothing. DH reprised his role as yarn swift while I cranked the ball winder; I have to say he's much more entertaining to watch than a swift. Love the jewel tones of the yarn. I could admire it all day.

No comments: