Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Flying Fingers

I went to my first knit-along at my LYS and it went pretty well. I took my Noro purse project because it's stockinette so it didn't require a lot of thinking. There were a lot of people there--17--which made it hard to get to know people, but they seemed nice and there was some awesome knitting going on. (there'd be a picture here of my purse progress but my stupid camera battery's dead)

I decided on Sunday that if I crocheted one star dishcloth per day until the craft fair Mom and her friend are going to sell at, I'd have about 40 of them. She said she'd sell them for me so I could make plenty of money to feed my cotton yarn habit. Crocheting dishcloths is still an excellent way to keep my fingers busy when the urge to smoke hits me. And it does strike with frustrating regularity. (there'll be pix here too once the battery is charged)

I cast on the Bits & Bobs KAL on Sunday. My first time using circulars; I'm not sure I like them but I've only knit one row, so I can't judge yet. (ditto on the pic thing) I thought about frogging it but decided I've got to keep going because I've got the rest of the yarn on backorder and what would I do with burgundy acrylic if I didn't make this capelet. It's from a grab bag from Herrschners; I foolishly thought I could make something without buying more.

I promise to replace the parentheticals with pictures tonight after work.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm glad the evening went well. Good luck with all those dishcloths--that sounds like a lot of crocheting to me!
Love,
Ann