Monday, March 11, 2013

Every Baby Needs a Hat

With that in mind it occurred to me last week that I have a friend who is gestating a baby predicted to be born in a few weeks, and everyone knows that a baby needs at least one hat that is made for them alone.  So I searched for patterns in Ravelry and found a free version of the leaf top baby hat that has been popular for a while, and it just so happened that I had a few skeins of Berroco Comfort in the stash, one a deep teal and another a gorgeous lime green.   So I cast on.  Baby hats are small, newborn hats are tiny so going around and around to get to 4 1/2 inches hasn't taken very long.  I've got about an inch to go before I get to add the green and make the top.  I confess that I'm looking forward to putting the green leaves on there and I'm inordinately tickled to be making the i-cord to be tied in a little knot on top.




My pleasure in making the tiny thing slowed my progress on the Fino Bias Scarf but I'm still chugging along on it.  It too pleases me beyond all explanation.

No comments: