Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Little Bit of Knitting

I've been doing more cooking than knitting lately... and my hips aren't the better for it.  I made a ginger cake, then Irish Soda bread for our St. Paddy's day feast at DS & DIL1's on Sunday, and yesterday I made ginger syrup which will be used to make my very own ginger ale and I might tip a little bit into my tea this weekend.  It's still so cold that maybe a bit of ginger will warm me up.















Oh, I have been doing a bit of knitting.  On Monday I cast on another Starfish cloth using up small bits of leftover yarn.  I like it.








I'm nearing the heel decision (short-row or flap) on the Gray Spiral sock...











and there's a bare ounce of the combined skeins of the Fino Bias scarf.  I'll get to the end soon.  I have to say that I can't help thinking that I should have cast on fewer stitches to make a longer, yet skinnier scarf but I'm too far along now to frog the whole thing and start over.  No sirree, not going back.

No comments: