Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sittin' & Knittin'

Out of respect for the "carppy" weather we've had this last week, I've spent a lot of time sitting watching season #1 of CSI and knitting. Last night's freezing rain was especially, um, special. My van looked like an ice sculpture this morning. Lots of hot water and lots of salt helped me chisel it out of the glacier it was embedded in. Ugh.

But I knitted. See? I have inches more Accidental sock. I don't think it's going to ta
ke me 10 months to make sock #2. (I did go to Loops & Links to knit yesterday afternoon and there in the Wall O'Savings were 3 other colorways of this sock yarn. Hmm, I could spend a bit of my mad money and pick up 2 skeins of each, just in case I decide to knit more socks like these. See, if I used the very same pattern I could have socks to mix and match that I made myself. (Justification? Isn't that a bit harsh?)





I'm just about ready to start the leg part of the Socks X 2. (If, um, when I get good at this technique
the above idea would be a breeze. Really.)






I finished the second quarter of DIL's sari silk purse and immediately cast on the third quarter. I'm not letting socks monopolize my time.





I knit gloves or mitts for everyone for Christmas and I really want a pair of convertible mitts for myself, so I cast some on the other day. I got up past the thumb gusset before I realized that what I was knitting would maybe fit a seven-year-old. Maybe. I frogged it, balled up the yarn (I love using the ball winder), and started over.






Ooh, I forgot to show you the fun things my DD got me. Light up knitting needles! I know they're not new, but I think they're cool and a hoot. I've got some yarn in the stash to make into Me
athead hats that needs this size needles. I should cast one on just so I can knit in the dark. (As if I need an excuse. I promise photographic evidence. Cross my heart.)

1 comment:

Ann said...

Those needles look really cool in that picture. I'm glad you have something to knit with them!

Oh, and your yarn flat is about 500 yards. You'll have to browse Ravelry to get some ideas for what to do with 500 yds of worsted!

Love you.