Monday, December 20, 2010

Fuzzy!

Last Friday at knitting Dusty was wearing a pretty necklace that was nothing more than a looooong chain she'd crocheted from ladder novelty yarn. She said she can't find more of it so she asked us all to check our stashes and let her know if we've got some. So when I got home I made a cup of tea and went downstairs to check the bottom tote of the stash which holds the first yarn I bought once I started crocheting again so I'd have something to do with my hands instead of smoking. You know that burst of enthusiasm for anything yarn that you get and how you're sometimes attracted to sparkly things? Well, DD and I went to Hobby Lobby and JoAnn, they were both having sales and we bought, no, we BOUGHT yarn. I won't show you all of it but I have a lot of Yarn Bee in a spongy, chunky, glittery style. It's called Aurora.





There is a fair amount of ribbon yarn in various colors, some of it waiting to be frogged,







but the most horrifying is the heap of multicolored fuzzy, hairy, and furry novelty yarn meant to be combined with something as an edging or an accent. I call it the "I Can't Believe I Bought This" collection. Unfortunately, there's no ladder yarn here for Dusty. Sorry.

No comments: