Sunday, October 18, 2009

See What Happens When I Have to Work on Saturday?

I forget to blog! And I even started and finished an entire project yesterday. Tsk. I'm such a trial to myself.


When I walked along the riverside trail the other day my ears froze even though I was wearing a wool earflap hat. I searched around on the web and found a pattern for an Ear Sweater. I had a skein of super bulky roving yarn in the stash so I was ready to go. At first I cast on 36 stitches on a 16" circular needle but it was too short for me to join and knit; then I cast on 56 stitches, which was barely enough. I got halfway
around before I realized that I wasn't enjoying it at all, so I ripped it out and decided to crochet it instead. I got started around 10 AM and since I only had one customer who really came in to have a map copied (?) and just shopped a bit so I'd think he might buy something, I had plenty of crocheting time at work. When I tugged the last yard of yarn out of the skein, I put the two ends together and joined them with slip stitches. Ta-da! An Ear Sweater!


No comments: