Friday, October 16, 2009

Scrumptious



I came across this shawl pattern on Knitty and really want to make it. I'm not really a lacy shawl person so I've looked at a lot of patterns. I've even made a few, but none of them were exactly right. This one looks right, but none of the yarn shops I frequent carry the yarn it calls for so I got on Ravelry to see if I could find some. I thought about using a different yarn but then I found this--the perfect yarn. Colors so warm, so exactly right for me and for my shawl-to-be that it required nearly no thought to contact the owner of the yarn and beg her to send it to me in exchange for some money, not as much money as I'd have to pay a retailer either.


It's called Lava. I can't stand it, it's so beautiful. I want to roll
in it, wear it as a necklace, paint my skin those colors and lie down with it.





P.S. If anyone wants a hint about a little something that Santa could bring, I like these patterns at Kris Knits.

1 comment:

Virginia G said...

Oh my goodness, I love that yarn.

So beautiful.