Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Two at Once!


I knew I'd never have the patience to finish all my projects before I plunged into learning how to knit two socks at once on two circular needles. I mean, I did buy that on-sale JoAnn's yarn the other day and I got an extra size 6 circ. I even boiled some water and straightened out a bit of the curl in the new needle so it's not so much like knitting with a Slinky! It's not so difficult once you think about it; it's very logical. Look--two rounds! I only frogged it once. Now I just have to learn to make the stitches a little tighter so there's not such a big gap, then I'll be all set.

I also cast on, knit the cuff, and started on the leg of the second Wool Ease sock. It's brown, cocoa brown, and dark green--dull, boring colors to knit in winter. But it's cold and snowy and I ne
ed warm feet, especially at work. And the sun came out yesterday, for the first time in over a week. I can knit any color; it's sunny!

And for my dearest Valentine of a husband, I'm knitting a dark brown dishcloth with a bat on it. He feeds the cactus-fruit-eating fruit bats in Bonaire and wanted some sort of bat souvenir but there weren't any. So I'm making him one. Shhh. It's a secret.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Mom! I'm so impressed by your two-at-once socks. You'll have to teach me how to do that in May.

Barbara said...

No prob. You make me feel all accomplished when in reality I've done two rows. We'll see how things go. At least I'm learning on cheap $3/skein yarn instead of the expensive stuff. The directions in the book are very clear and there are excellent pictures. I highly recommend it.