Monday, July 5, 2010

The End

Today's the last day for the best yarn shop in the area. Loops and Links in DePere is closing because the owner needs more time with her growing children. Everything in the store was 60% off so I made one more trip, spent another $20 bill, one last time. I found some lovely yarns to use to make the wrap pattern I bought in Goshen (I am amazed that the pattern's not on Ravelry so I can't even link to it to show you). It's a rectangular wrap knit slightly on the bias on really big needles (and we all know how much I love knitting stuff on big needles) with interesting yarn, and then when you're done, you pick up stitches along the short ends with smaller needles and use kid merino (skinny and fuzzy yarn) to knit a ruffle on the ends. There was a sample in Ewe-Nique Knits that really attracted me and the pattern was only three bucks. I got the purple Nashua Daylily to go with some Filatura di Crosa Multicolor I've got on hand. I'm not sure what I'll put with the coral Urban Silk but it was too gorgeous to leave behind. Besides, 60% off!













I made excellent progress with only a few stumbles on the 198 yds. of Crazy shawlette yesterday. See? I'm through the first 22 rows and almost halfway through the next 22. The pattern calls for 2 1/2 repeats but I think I may add another one since I've got another skein of the yarn. Only time will tell.

No comments: