Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Washcloths! Washcloths! Washcloths!



So what do you do with a big bag of skeins of variegated cotton yarn? And you're desperate to quit smoking? You crochet washcloths (or dishcloths) every time you want to light up, that's what. I found a variety of free patterns (isn't the internet great?), tried them all in an effort to keep from lighting up. They're great for that, small and easy to tuck in my purse or pocket for those times I used to grab a quick smoke. Sugar 'n Cream has a lot of pretty colors and the leftovers from the zig zag purse were just right for edging. If you haven't showered with a crocheted or knitted (thanks, Ann!) cloth, you need to try it. They're just rough enough to exfoliate a bit and the soap rinses out easily.
Up to day 14 and have only smoked one twice when frustration got the better of me. Chantix is a miracle drug.

1 comment:

Ann said...

It's so fun reading about your projects--even though we've already talked about them! I narrowly avoided ordering about 10 balls of cotton yarn from Herrschners the other day; I stopped myself when I realized just how much yarn is in 3 1/2 of the huge balls of Sugar 'n Cream, which is how much I have at home. But they were cool colors!
~Ann