Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Sugar 'n Cream Box


I decided I needed a break from my struggle with knitting, although it's going pretty well. I'm about 6" into it and still have 15 of my original 16 stitches left--and the edges seem to be straighter, not so many bulges and dips. Today I organized my patterns into a bigger binder and ran across one to make boxes out of Lily Sugar 'n Cream. They looked so cute I couldn't resist making one. Naturally, I didn't use solid colors and break off every row like the pattern said, but I think it turned out darned cute in variegated. I'm fascinated by watching the colors stack up and blend when I work with variegated yarn. I also went to Michael's to return a book I bought over the weekend, and darned if I didn't buy more $2/skein novelty yarn than the amount of the return. I have got to stay out of stores for a while and crochet or knit up some of this yarn!

Had a smoking slip this afternoon, but I've only got 2 left. I swear I won't buy anymore. I promise.

3 comments:

Ann said...

This is so cute! How big is it?

You're doing great with not smoking. Keep at it!
~A

Anonymous said...

That's adorable!

Don't worry about the slip up. You're doing great!

Barbara said...

The box is about 3-3 1/2" in diameter. The pattern said to make the lid the same as the box bottom but my crocheting was tighter so it didn't fit. I had to rip it all out (aw!), add 2 stitches in the base row and redo it, then it fit. I scrounged up a little seashell that I drilled a hole in and tied on the top in place of the called-for bead. It's a Lily pattern that I sent you, psyche, when I got home from The Clearing.