Monday, June 25, 2007

Look! Real Knitting!


After I finished the Flying Spaghetti Monster Hat yesterday, all of my yarn projects were complete. I sat for about an hour wondering what to do when Don lit a cig and I thought, that's what I'll do, smoke. I needed a project--fast. Didn't want to mow the lawn or clean or anything, so I decided to page through the Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting I'd gotten at Barnes & Noble earlier in the day to see what their easiest project was. Another hat. Not interested. I had bought more ribbon yarn at Michael's on Saturday and wondered what I could do with it. On the label is a pattern for a beginner knit scarf. That's what I could do (since I'd bought the right size needles, just in case)! I cast on 15 stitches and got started knitting on 16 stitches just like the pattern said, tongue poking out the corner of my mouth for better concentration. In an hour I had 3 inches of knitting! Not perfect but beautiful to me. After supper I went back to it, counted my stitches, and got 15. Recounted. Still 15. I looked at my little piece of knitting, no runs. I must have lost one somewhere but I couldn't see where. Oh well, who will know? I'm determined not to smoke.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I'm convinced that stitches evaporate sometimes. I've lost stitches without having runs a few times myself. Also, sometimes they multiply.
This is going to be a lovely scarf. You're doing great!

Ann said...

Oh, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a "knitting face"! Mine is getting closer to normal the more I knit, but this latest project has me scowling again. Illusion knitting--they claim it's easy...

Anonymous said...

Good job! I have to tell ya, knitting with ribbon yarn is harder than knitting with regular yarn. If you're doing that, you'll have no problems knitting at all. I see a knitted sweater in your future :)