Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Haul

I want to show you what I bought at The Knitting Room in Fond du Lac yesterday. I heard that they're closing soon because they're retiring, and we'd never been there so we needed to get a move on. It was a glorious sunny day so we went. I drove so I got to be the Mom. (Look what I had to deal with! Or maybe they just didn't want their pictures taken.) The yarn shop is right in downtown Fond du Lac and a very nice place. Everything is 25% off which makes some decisions easy and others hard. I will say that the longer we were there the easier it was to decide to buy stuff. Maybe my resistance got lower the longer I was there, I don't know, but I didn't overspend my mad money so I'm happy.

I bought a pattern for a Reader's Wrap, a shawl with capacious pockets at each end, a pattern for a toddler had called Go Fish!, and a CD pattern for Beatrice & Bernard stuffed bunny and bear friends.

In the yarn department, I bought 3 different skeins of Comfort cotton for the fish hat, a skein of Encore Colorspun in a variegation I don't have for a boot sock, skeins of DK weight cotton for Purl Stitch scarves, a skein of Silky Alpaca Lace to make a shawlette, and 2 skeins of Dream in Color Classy superwash worsted, one red, one brown. I didn't NEED any of the yarn but I didn't buy too much and can envision making nice things from each skein--eventually.


We stopped at the O
utlet Mall in Oshkosh across from EAA and found treasures at CJ Banks (my first time in there) and Eddie Bauer. My favorite bargain is a slim denim skirt with little pleated parts on each side. Very cute.


We had lunch with all the oldsters at Schreiner's and enjoyed every bite. It was an excellent day running away from home.

1 comment:

Victoria Jicha said...

I have knit that Reader's Wrap. You will enjoy it and it's a quick knit.