Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Igloo Days

Oh, man, it's cold today and not supposed to warm up for days. The high temperature today, the HIGH, is supposed to be 7 degrees and the low around -11 tonight. The sun is shining like it's been doing it for weeks and even the dirty snow looks cheerful, but I'm not fooled into thinking the sun would warm me if I went outside although the FedEx guy didn't look too cold. I'm not chancing it. I have my new warm wristers to wear and toe warmers in my stinky boots.



I picked up the Winter Sock the other day and rediscovered the ease of the pattern. That is, until I royally screwed it up on a "twisted stitch" round and had to frog back some until I could pick up the stitches and get back on track. I'm still not sure I like this sock in this yarn, the pattern's kind of lost in the yarn colors, I almost frogged the whole thing the other night but I like the colors and the feel of the fabric I'm making so I'm leaving it.




I'm into the feet of my Toes Up X2 socks. I do love variegated yarns. The colors amuse me no end with the way they emerge from the ball and how they stack up in rows.










This weekend I swear I'm going to pick up the Red Marl sweater front.



I made us a lovely Super Bowl feast on Sunday that stuck pretty close to the way we like to eat these days. DD reminded me of Sesame Chicken Nuggets so I defrosted some chicken breasts and made those. I roasted a cauliflower, made some sweet potato fries, and a small bowl of broccoli slaw. Durwood made DIL1's family BBQ sauce recipe and simmered little smokies all afternoon. Let's see, what else? Oh, he wanted some spinach dip, so I made that too. It was time consuming making it all but it was fun to fill our plates with finger foods and munch away. We had chocolate cake for dessert. Hey, we had to splurge somehow, it was the Super Bowl! Go, Pack!









(Here's the Nuggets recipe. It's a lot simpler and Weight Watcher-y than any I found online. It's an oldie, probably from WW but I don't know when. Thanks for putting it on FB so I could copy it, DD.)

Sesame Chicken Nuggets

1 Tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tblsp water
2 Tblsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chili powder

1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes

Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Arrange on single layer on broiler pan and broil 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is browned. Can be served with BBQ sauce for dipping or tucked in a pita half with shredded lettuce. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely Superbowl feast. The sesame chicken nuggets recipe was actually from the Press-Gazette--I have a photocopy of the recipe in my binder!
Love you!

David said...

I never knew where that one was from. My binder has a printed copy. I guess I always thought it was a WW recipe, too.

Zoe Muzak said...

Those chicken nuggets sound good! I'm going to have to try that sometime!