Thursday, October 14, 2010

Help! I've Fallen Into Scarves And I Can't Get Up!

It's become a mania. Wanna know how I know?


See? I had 2 different yarns at work with me yesterday and
only one pair of needles. No prob. I just cast both on the same needles and worked on them at the same time. Not a big deal. These are scarves #3 and #4, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I'm using US 10.75 needles (7 mm), about 120-150 yds. of yarn (whatever's on the skein) and only casting on 12 sts., then knitting until I'm out of yarn. No fringe, no embellishment. Except I'm thinking of figuring out how to make a seashell fringe on the dark brown silk & bamboo one.



I see on the 'Nother Scarf (#2 shown here) that I should probably cast on only 10 or even 8 in the bulkier, woolier yarn to preserve the narrowness that I like and make the scarf long enough to double and then wear looped together like the big kids do these days.









I've got lots more yarn lined
up in the queue.














Help meeeee!


I think I might need an intervention.

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

OK -- you've gone nuts on scarves!! But who can blame you? They're all so pretty and fun -- so in style and who in GB doesn't need a million scarves!!! I love it that you have that passion. Don't stop knitting and don't stop writing. XXXX -- Aunt B