Sunday, February 28, 2010

It Has Been Snowing All Freaking Day



No accumulation, just a day-long veil of falling snow. Very dreary and depressing.



I decided to knit a pair of fingerless mitts for the young daughter of a friend who is the child in her family not causing all sorts of problems. She saw some that I was wearing yesterday and said, "Did you make those? Oh, I'd like some one day." in a quiet voice. How could I resist? I had some Lion Wool in
the stash the perfect color for a 10 year old girl. I dug up the simple pattern to knit them in the round and cast on after supper last night. I got the first one done before noon today and got the second onto the needles right away. I hope she likes them.

(Just so you know, I cut the number of rounds between decrease rounds in half so that the wrist warmers don't go all the way to the elbows; I knit them that short all the time.)


Here's the second Ugly Bunny pincushion, already handed over to its new mom.

No comments: