Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Zoo & A Sock (picture heavy post)

Not at the same time, unfortunately. I'm not clever enough to be able to knit and walk around. I need to watch what I'm doing most of the time here at klutz central.

Since it was my birthday yesterday I decreed that we needed to go to the zoo so I could feed the giraffes--and so we did.








The lioness was tired.





The otter posed.



















Durwood talked to the eagle and the macaws. (They didn't talk back.)













The raccoons made off with a rake.








And I fed Hodari. I could have spent all afternoon feeding him giraffe crackers (which look like Triscuits) and having his big, long, dark blue giraffe tongue all over my hand. I hate dog spit on me, I don't mind giraffe spit. Go figure.







After a lovely supper at Tony Roma's (mmm, bbq ribs and onion loaf; onions are a veggie, right?) I finished Reef Sock #1. When the weather turns chilly, it (and its future mate) will keep my tootsies toasty. I love the colors.













P.S. I finally noticed when I was photoshopping the pix we took at the zoo that there is definitely 30# less of me. I could feel it but not see it; I can in this picture. Feels good.

No comments: