Sunday, July 5, 2009

Progress Report--week #27












Hope everyone had a fun 4th. Durwood and I hung out at home, doing as little as possi
ble. It was an excellent holiday! Our lilies are blooming and so is Dad's rosebush. So pretty, and the pink lily smells like heaven. I harvested my first 6 blueberries of 2009 today; they didn't even make it into the house before I scarfed them down. Dee-licious.

My projects have been doing well. I can tell it's getting busier at work because I only managed to finish the 5th blue square and knit 1 terra cotta square, and I even had to finish that one at home.

I've been cooking on the baby items for the shower coming up in a couple weeks. I finished the first bootie but it's ginormous, like for a Bigfoot baby, so I'm not making a mate for it. Maybe I'll make booties with smaller needles. I shifted focus to the hat which I finished this morning. It's very cute and will look darling on Kelly's baby, won't it?


I knitted on my Khaki Cardi at Knit Night Friday night. Don't know how many
rows I added since I'm not counting rows, I'm increasing until there are 106 stitches between the markers for the back. I wish I could take it off the needles and stretch it out but I'm afraid I'd screw it up so I'm leaving it on there. I'll be glad when it's time to split off the sleeve stitches and then the body will stay the same. All this increasing is a bit of a pain, not that increasing is hard but each row is longer than the last one. It's a bit disheartening.


I'm chugging along on the crocheted Ripple Shawl. Finished the first skein of Sterling and I'm 6 rows into the second. I'm getting about 15 rows per skein so I think things are going well.





Hmm, have I knitted on anything else? Oh
yeah, the Mardi Gras Ankle Sox. I've turned the heel, picked up the gusset stitches, and started decreasing down toward the foot. I realized when I took its picture this morning that it looks like I'm knitting a small jockstrap, but I assure you I'm not.

No comments: