Wednesday, June 24, 2009

One Sock & Shawlishness




Last night I finished the first of the Mardi Gras Ankle Sox. I like it. Haven't worn it in a shoe yet, but I like the way it feels on my foot.







My crochet hook is busy making stitches and adding rows to the Ripple Shawl. This is the first time I've used Lion Microspun. I like it, it's silky and easy to work with. I also like the rich contrast between the Ebony and the Sterling colors, and the way the fabric drapes. I'm going to love this shawl.






I've decided that I don't know my own psychic strength. Last week I was complaining (on the writing group blog) that summer was too long in coming, that it was too rainy and dreary and chilly to be summer, and that we needed a little heat and sunshine to get the garden growing. Well, I evidently was wishing too hard for warmer weather, because this week it's sunny, 90, and humid. In short, unbearable. I'm going to have to be more careful about how I wield this until now unrealized power.

No comments: