Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm Home!

You didn't even realize I was gone, did you? I spent a week at The Clearing, a folk school in Ellison Bay in Door County, Wisconsin. It's one of my two favorite places in the world. The class I took was Poetry Camp: Sending Your Poetry into the World, and we wrote 10 poems and brainstormed ways to get our poetry read, like setting up a poetry blog, putting poems on bookmarks or postcards, getting them published in magazines and journals, of course. But I took a different tack, also of course. I took my printer and a $1 book I got at The Attic and made an altered book. My gluestick and I had a blast with printed pictures of The Clearing and Bonaire diving, matching them up with poems, and gluing them into an old book.








I did knit too. I took two different socks, one requiring a bit of concentration for knitting in my room and one plain one for nighttime knitting in the Lodge with the dominoes players and jigsaw puzzle assemblers. See?














I cast on audreym's Evenstar Gloves last night because my resistance to the yarn was finally worn so thin that I had to cave.

1 comment:

Tanya Elaine said...

I love the altered book! It looks fantastic! :-)