Saturday, March 1, 2008

New Yarn!

I didn't go shopping for new yarn, no I didn't. I went to return some just-in-case-I-can't-get-more-of-the-right-color yarn, now that the right color yarn appeared on the front porch in a box the other day. Yippee.

Evidently it's against the laws of the universe to go to a store than sells yarn and not buy some. I was actua
lly going to try and find a notion I need to make something that's a secret. Jo-Ann's didn't have the notion, but it did have these yarns that all-together cost $1 less than the yarn I returned. They had Sugar n' Cream for 5/$10 (who can resist that?) and then I had two 40% off coupons and one 50% off coupon so I got some Cotton Ease. The variegated stuff is Sensations Cosetta which is evidently discontinued. It's gonna be a hat.





Then I drove to
DePere to go to Loops and Links. Shana was glad to see me since I hadn't been back since we left for Bonaire way back in January. She didn't have the notion either, but I bought a Spring/Summer copy of Knit Simple (I should subscribe to that mag. I like it.) and look at the pretty yarn that was on the Wall O' Savings! It's Takhi Shannon in 011 colorway, 100% wool and enough for a hat and gloves. Yum.



I didn't buy any yarn at Hobby Lobby but they also didn't have the notion. I bought Kristin Nicholas' Kristin Knits because of the worsted weight, multicolor yarn socks patterns, which I will not cast on until at least some of the five things I have on the needles is finished. Cross my heart. (Besides I decided I want to use 4 or 5 different colors of Galway tweed to make the socks and Links and Loops isn't open on Sunday.)

The only things I bought at Michaels (no notion there either) were a couple of (on sale) seashell melt & pour soap molds because mine is cracked. It was fun but I still don't have that notion. Guess I search online. Drat.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Mmm, pretty yarns, Mom!

I'm sure you'll track down your notion soon. Good luck!