Sunday, June 24, 2007

Yet Another Hat


I bought a new book filled with crocheted hat patterns--and couldn't resist making one. You see, I already had the ribbon yarn I needed and the correct size hook--and you know how I love making hats. Besides, even buying yarn and books the way I have been I'm still not spending as much money as I would be if I were still buying cigarettes. So it's all good, right? I love this ribbon stuff, the colors are vibrant and the pattern was fairly simple, once I finished the first row which asked you to make a half-double crochet popcorn stitch in every other chain of the start chain. I thought it was rather cruel to start right off with the most complicated part of the entire hat. The rest was two rows of triple crochet and then half double crochets for the hat, and rows of single, a popcorn row, then a row of singles for the brim. Simple--once you get past the 58 popcorns to start!

Still not smoking--(except for a very few slips)--with 25 days in the bag.

2 comments:

Ann said...

That's a very cool hat! I've always wanted to make something from that ribbon yarn.

And congratulations on not smoking! You're doing great. I'm proud of you!

Barbara said...

If you think you can make the hdc popcorn stitches in the start chain without going mad, I'll copy and send the pattern. It was tedious, rather than difficult. Michael's has ribbon yarn on sale for $2/ball.