Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I'm Making Stuff

I finished the knitting of the Bean's Kimono on Friday.  Next it gets washed and then I'll find a couple cute buttons to finish it off.






Once I finished that I allowed myself to cast on the shawl with the Door Co. Shepherd's Festival wool and locks.  I don't know what I imagined that it would look like but this isn't quite it, although it's very soft and I love the way the wool knits up.  The short rows are a snap. I'm keeping going.  (kinda looks like a merkin, doesn't it?  this link not appropriate for the prudish)




In the Out of Sight, Out of Mind Department, I finally got around the sewing a valance for DS & DIL1's kitchen window.  She wanted it flat, not ruffled, so I made a single box pleat in the middle so it doesn't look like a piece of fabric slung over a curtain rod.  I am proud to say that the box pleat math did not defeat me.




Unable to have only one WIP, I cast on the next cotton anklet in Cascade Fixation the other night.  I'm oddly enamored of the juxtaposition of pink and orange in this yarn.  I keep wanting the colors to align.  (See the cool bag and row counter necklace?  My pal Skully made them for me.  Isn't she talented?  I think so too.) 
 
 

No comments: