Friday, March 30, 2012

Ooh, Baby, Baby!

I'm in love.  And I'm pretty sure it's one-sided.  Almost positive.  Wednesday and Thursday were flooring installation days.  At the end of the day yesterday it was time to rip out the disgusting carpet in our kitchen and install lovely oak-looking laminate flooring, the same that was installed in the rental kitchen and dinette.  I love it, Durwood's not convinced.  His feet get cold so easily that he's worried that it'll be colder without the carpet.  He's also in the market for some squishy floor mats for in front of the sink and stove.  That's fine with me, I'm just thrilled that we'll be able to wipe up spills instead of watching them soak in and then attract dirt.

For some reason I'm fixated on making knitted then felted bowls.  I cast on the next Color Stripe Vessel at work yesterday and last night I dug out yarns and needles and fiberfill, then cast on a nest to be felted.  I plan to knit pastel colored eggs to put in it.  I don't know what I'll do with it; maybe give it to our Easter dinner hostess, I just want to make it.  I don't know why I'm so attracted to making essentially useless items.  It's fun though.


I volunteered to make bunny cakes for dessert on Easter.  I goggled bunny cakes and found a recipe and YouTube video that looks like the one Mom used to make.  I don't plan to use a Betty Crocker box cake or tubs of pre-made frosting.  I'll make me old standby carrot cake with the cream cheese frosting, I'm thinking of using Twinkies for the little front paws.  We'll see.

No comments: