Sunday, May 26, 2013

Back From The Clearing

With loot!  Not much knitting went on.  Not much of anything else went on either, but it was great to get away and just veg in a glorious setting and fabulous meals that I didn't have to plan, cook, or clean up after (not that I do any of that at home, Durwood does it, but you know what I mean).


KS and I went to the Door Co. Shepherd's Market on the 19th and here's what I bought.  The skein's 526 yds. of pure, undyed wool, light worsted weight, and the locks (oh, the locks) are kid merino.  (be still my heart)  I plan to turn them into a shawl and knit in a lock every now and again.  I'm not a fringe girl so they'll be incorporated into the garment.  I can't wait.  I'll be searching shawl patterns later today.  You can bet on it.



I also bought myself a shawl pin from another vendor.  Durwood thought it was a drill bit but I quickly disabused him of that notion.  Isn't it pretty?



A Facebook friend "liked" Off The Wheel pottery in Egg Harbor so I went there on our afternoon off on Thursday and spent twice what I'd intended on this coffee mug.  But isn't it the coolest?  She has lots of designs, mostly birds, cats, and insects, but this mug shape and the skyline sold me on this one.  It's good to drink out of too.


I knitted one preemie hat up there but haven't taken its picture yet.  I will.  Cross my heart.

No comments: