Monday, April 16, 2012

Green!

Finallyfinallyfinally the tiny buds on the maple tree are big enough to warrant being put in the scarf.  Green!  In the Maple Tree Scarf!  I bought up a plethora of spring-ish greens and Durwood and I agreed that this pear color was the best representative of the delicate green of the nearly invisible buds on my tree.  I thought of only putting in a few random stitches of the green (green!) because they're only visible if you really look for them but then I thew caution to the winds and just plunged in wholeheartedly.  Ahh, green.





I finished up the Color Stripe Vessel #4 at work the other day.  (you see, it's green too, at least partly)  I'm anxious to see how it turns out when it's felted since I made the sides shallow.  Maybe it'll be wide and flat like I wanted.



This is my last dog-sitting day and I'm relieved.  I'm not cut out to be a pet-parent.  I'm just not.  I'm more of a pet-tolerater or a pet-borrower.  When it comes right down to it, I'm not soothed by her presence but too aware of her and annoyed.  See?  Not the right attitude at all.  Not that I'm mean to her, no, I'd never do that, I'm just perfunctory.  I'd really rather be left alone.

No comments: