Sunday, February 24, 2008

No Resistance


I decided (only in my head, I didn't say it out loud) yesterday morning that I wasn't going to cast on another project until I had the second Wool Ease sock finished. I'm only 30 rows from starting the toe decrease so I'm in good shape to finish it soon, see?

Even though I went to Jo-Ann's and bought some Lion Wool in the Autumn Sunset colorway for the next pair and got 7 skeins of Sensations Licorice in the red variegated colorway to do something I don't know what but something with because I fell instantly in love with it's wooly beauty. I managed to resist the lure (even after I had decided I'd make a Matinee Swing Jacket with the red Licorice, even after I dug out another pattern using similarly bulky yarn so I could figure out needle size and gauge AND had to order 10 more skeins online because I bought out the store)--until about 10:30 when I was all alone with Harry Potter on cd playing in my ear.

I'm weak, I can't resist variegated yarn, I caved. I'm on row 9 of the first sleeve, er, swatch. (I'm following the Yarn Harlot's example.)

But I have finished the cuffs of the 2-socks-at-once, and I promise *holds up hand without fingers crossed* to finish the Wool Ease sock before I knit another 7 rows on the Jacket or start on the leg of the 2 circs socks. If I focus I should have the Wool Ease sock done tomorrow so I can wear it on Wed. to keep my feet warm at work and continue working on the 2 circs socks and Matinee Swing Jacket with a clear conscience.






Oh, I finished DH's Batty Dishcloth the other day too. So I am a Woman of Accomplishment--in addition to wallowing in a bad case of Startitis.
The queue grows longer...

No comments: