Sunday, July 8, 2007

Yarn-y Updates



It's so hot! I've been reluctant to work on anything big that would cover my lap, but I have been knitting away on my very first knitting project--a ribbon scarf. I'm exactly halfway done with it. Yay, me!


I get tired of the slow pace of knitting so I started another washcloth. This one's using Walmart's Peaches n' Cream in Fiesta Ombre with a Sedge Stitch pattern. Now, I hoped that the 2 oz. skein I bought nearly a month ago would be enough but it wasn't. You see that it's not a square. So I went back to Walmart never believing I'd find another skein with the same dye lot--but I did! Amazing!


Then I was so happy with myself and the variegated yarn (I love watching the colors blend) I decided to find the super-easiest knitted washcloth pattern I could and give it a try. Up to now the only thing I've done is knit, not purl, nothing but the knit stitch. This one calls for increasing and decreasing. *gasp* Fancy knitting stuff! But with the help of the Cool Girls Guide and some long-distance advice from my wonderful daughter I am nearly halfway to having my first knitted washcloth to shower with.


I've noticed the last few days, 3 months into my quitting smoking odyssey, that it's getting a little easier to ignore the urge. A little.

No comments: