Monday, July 16, 2007

More Fishies!


While lying on the couch waiting for the antibiotics to kick in, I spent the weekend napping and knitting fish. I'd have a red boucle one too but I frogged the beginning because the fin didn't show. When I tried it again because it would be sooooo soft in an afghan, my stitches were so tight I couldn't get the needle in. Argh. So I frogged that one too. Maybe I'll see if Patti can teach me how to knit a little looser and try one more time. My fantasy is to make fish out of every sort of yarn in my stash, and there's that boucle waiting for me, alongside the ribbon, the chenille, all the hairy stuff, and the yarn that looks like Muppet eyelashes. It's probably a good idea to get more knitting experience before I tackle those, right?


I'm feeling a bit better but my head still feels like it's in a different county than the rest of me. But I don't feel like I've got a red-hot poker in my ear anymore, so that's progress.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm glad you're on the mend! Your fish look great. I have a feeling that no matter how tightly or loosely you knit with the boucle, you won't be able to see the fin. I could be wrong, but judging from my first shawl attempt...

Just don't make yourself too crazy!

Love, Ann

Barbara said...

Is there such a thing as too crazy? I have no illusions that the fin will show in the boucle, I just wanted to be able to get the darned needle in to make stitches. I was knitting so tightly that I could barely get it off the needles to frog. That's when I gave up and had another popsicle. I've made 2 more fish, successfully, since the boucle debacle.

I'm feeling much better today, hardly any stuffiness or pain. Don't tell Dad, though, I want one more day "on the couch"!

Love, Mom