Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jackpot!

I hit the jackpot this afternoon at Barnes & Noble. I went in to spend a coupon on a first novel by an author I just discovered (Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen, thanks, Jenny) and browsed the super-duper-everything's-$2 table and look what I found! Knitting books!!! I will freely admit that I probably won't knit something out of every one of these but there are some crackerjack ideas in all of them and some very interesting charts in the afghan one. With my preferred customer (or whatever they call it at B&N) card, they were each only $1.80. I couldn't leave them there for that little money. Besides, they all have very pretty pictures in them.





After my triumphant return from shopping I finished Errol. He's bigger than I thought he'd be and I think I stuffed his body too much, but I like him. He's squishy and soft. A very lovely owl.

No comments: