Sunday, March 1, 2009

Progress Report--Week #8

Today we're going to play "bad news/good news." M'kay?


As you can see from this week's previous posts, the bad news is that I got off on a tangent making and felting pencil cup holders. Here is the second attempt. Now it's narrow enough to fit snugly around the can (good news) but it's not tall enough (bad news). I slid a can into it before adding in the novelty yarns and it was a good 1-1/2 inches too tall. What have we learned? We have learned that the yarn (Sensations Licorice) shrinks more vertically than horizontally. It's a good thing I've started making these months before I want to gift them to people.











The next bit of bad news is that I thought last week that I was done knitting fish. I wasn't. I needed one more to make 70 which was the arrangement I had decided on. I was very happy to knit this "last fish" this week.





I laid them out on the bed today to get them arranged the way I want to sew them together so I could take pictures and only have to figure it out once. Turns out I need 2 more fish because instead of making 10 rows of 7 fish, I'm making 12 rows of 6 fish. Two isn't too many more so the news is only sorta bad. The good news is that I have enough yarn to make them out of the darkest yarn I've used to spread the "weight" of them across the whole afghan.








I worked on the Sari Silk purse for my DIL (good news). I was amazed that I was actually busy at work this past week so I didn't really have time to knit (very good news).





Neither the Peruvian nor the Spring Green shawls had so much as one stitch added to them this past week (bad girl, bad news).






But I did knit to the heel of the Multicolor Sock (good news).
No matter what I do, what light I use or don't use, I can't make the ribbed leg of it look periwinkle instead of blue (bad news) but I know that you're smart enough to imagine it that way (good news).




Now I really need to quit playing with yarn and yarn-y things and go work on finalizing my novel manuscript presentation because I'm going to a conference at the end of the month to pitch it to an agent. Yikes! (Could be good news, bad news, or both. Keep a good thought.)

No comments: