Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Crash! Boom! *sparkle, sparkle, sparkle* Oooooh. Aaaaah. (That's my fireworks impression. Sorry I can't blog the interpretive dance that goes with it.)

I've decided that the only type of sweater sleeve I ever want to knit is raglan. Why? you ask. Well, I'll tell you. Because once you hit the armpits (yay, armpits!) you start the decreases every other row and the knitting just zooms along. Look. See? I've decreased enough that I can skrunch the stitches onto straights instead of wrestling the weight of it on circs. and I'm just zipping through the rows. Ah, raglan is a beautiful word.

This morning when DH went out to survey the crops he noticed this:

It's my first ripe blueberry! Woohoo! It pays to buy bushes with berries already on them. (Who's got the berries now, nursery guy? Huh? Me, that's who. Neener, neener, neener.) There are three ripe berries on the other bush but they're kind of hidden by leaves, plus this one's the biggie. Mmm, pretty soon I won't be able to resist and I'll pick it and eat it. Fresh homegrown blueberries. I haven't had those since Auntie Cele died and Uncle Len sold the farm.

Enjoy your 4th. If you need me, I'll be out weeding in the asparagus patch in my big sun hat with a big pitcher of lemonade on the patio table for breaks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the most beautiful blueberry I have ever seen!! Lots of love - Abby

Barbara said...

Isn't it? Notice the pale blush of pink on the edges of the unripe berries. Sheer art. And they're tasty too.